Every Halloween I love to create fun crafts with my kids and students. This year I created an easy project that doesn’t require much material. Follow the instructions below to create your own Halloween banner.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What you’ll need:
- Black construction paper
- Outlines of small pumpkins
- Strips of different shades of orange construction paper (strips should be of varying width)
- Yarn or string
- Googly eyes (optional)
How to make it:
1. Take the black construction paper, fold it in half and cut it. Cut points at the bottom of the paper.
2. Cut out a pumpkin outline. Start gluing strips of orange construction paper, alternating the colours. Strips of paper should go past the pumpkin shape.
3. Flip the pumpkin around once all strips of paper are glued. Cut the strips to match the outline of the pumpkin.
4. Use the remainder of the black construction paper to make eyes, mouth and a nose for your pumpkin. Add googly eyes if desired.
5. Punch holes at the top of the banner and attach the string.
6. Glue pumpkin to the banner.
My kids and students loved making this project! It was very simple to make and the end product looks great.
These are adorable! I do lots of crafts with my kids, they just can’t get enough!
Super easy, and cute!
It was a rainy morning here so we used what we had on hand, we had a blast making a Halloween Banner pic posted on your FB wall!
Such a great craft for the kids to make, they can hang it in the window or just about anywhere!!
Thanks,i am going to try this will the grandkids on the weekend should make for a fun afternoon!