As soon as spring hits we start seeing more and more birds in our backyard. This year I decided to make a few bird feeders for our backyard with the kids.
This is the easiest do-it-yourself project. On Saturday, I helped my kids and their little friend make 4 bird feeders.
Here’s what you need:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Yarn or string
- Peanut Butter OR Almond Butter OR Lard
- Mixed bird seeds
Four easy steps:
- Start by applying the peanut butter onto the toilet paper roll.
- Roll the toilet paper roll in the mixed bird seeds.
- Thread the yarn through the toilet paper roll and tie it.
- Hang your new bird feeder in a tree and wait to see the birds come by for a snack.
We started seeing birds flying by for a snack minutes after we hung our bird feeders.
Grab your supplies and start making bird feeders. I guarantee your kids will love them!
What a great idea! A fun craft to do with my grandchildren! Thanks for sharing!