by Melissa H
Every day we seem to get to 4:30pm and everyone says “What’s for dinner”. Every. Single. Day! I need to get better at meal planning!
One day, we had no plans for dinner so we decided to make some pizza. I went online and found a no-yeast pizza crust and it was delicious! The original recipe is from House of Yumm and the kids ate it up! I used my new rolling pin from Trudeau which was so balanced and the perfect weight to roll out dough. The smooth glide really helped create even dough.
I found that in my oven, the dough cooked better when it is rolled out into several smaller pizzas instead of one large one, but you know your oven best.
When you make several small ones, the kids can roll out their own shape with the rolling pin, and can put on whatever toppings they want! Our favorite toppings include: pepperoni, ham, pineapple, parmesan cheese, other shredded cheeses, or garlic sausage. The great thing about pizza is you can put anything on it!
Here is the pizza recipe that I followed:
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or prepare your pizza pan to your preference or instructions.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, using dough hook mix on low speed until one ball of dough forms. (This can be made without a mixer, you will just stir until you have a ball of dough that forms)
- Sprinkle flour onto a rolling pin and your hands, remove the ball of dough from the mixing bowl and pat down with flour to help form into a solid ball. Dough may be slightly sticky straight from the mixer.
- Roll the dough out to desired thickness. Thicker dough will take longer to cook. Mine was about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Top with desired toppings and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow time to cool and enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe I will have to try. I made one my friend gave me the other day and it was a flop 🙁 Fingers crossed for this one!!
Fantastic pizza recipe…..I love using parmesan cheese as a topping too…and my newest favorite is chopped rapini!
Sounds like a great and pretty easy crust to make! We’ll have to give it a try!
I love homemade pizza and we have it ever other week,I will try your dough next time !Thank.
Thanks for the recipe! I love homemade pizza!
I only make homemade pizza, I can’t remember the last time we bought one, there has been a few different dough recipes I have made, and some using my bread maker and some using my mixer, and some using the cauliflower crust, I even made deep deep dish pizza using my springform pan, now that was one big pizza..lol
You make it look so easy! I definitely want to try this. When I have made my own pizza (with already made crust of course) I add pounds of cheese and pretty much anything I have in my fridge. I’m never shy with pineapples and ham, and only he best tomato/pizza sauce. Thanks for the post. Will def try!
Sounds yummy! I like to make cauliflower crust pizza too. My favorite toppings are cheese and black olives.
The more cheese the better. I like mushrooms and peppers too