When in Hawaii, many tourists choose to attend a luau. It’s a great way to learn more about the Hawaiian culture, eat delicious food and enjoy a quality performance.
On our recent trip to Oahu, my family of four had the opportunity to experience The Waikiki Starlight Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
The Waikiki Starlight Luau welcomes 500 guests Sunday to Thursday nights. Guests are escorted up to the rooftop of the Mid-Pacific Conference Center at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Once upstairs you are welcomed by luau performers, take photos with them and you are given a tasty Mai Tai or fruit juice before being escorted to your table.
The Waikiki Starlight Luau is set up outside on the rooftop. Several long tables are positioned around a square stage. This setup gives every luau guest a good view of the stage. There are two large buffet tables set up on opposite sections of the rooftop and a keiki buffet available for little ones.
Highlights of the Waikiki Starlight Luau
- The food at the Waikiki Starlight Luau was fabulous. The selection of food included items like papaya salad, Poke salad, prawns, Huli Huli chicken and delicious Kailua Pig.
- There is a keiki buffet available for kids. Kids are welcome to help themselves right away.
- The beverages were so tasty. I stuck to Mai Tais but juices, sodas, beer and wine are also available. Guests receive two drink coupons with their ticket.
- The host of the show is extremely talented and engaging.
- All performances are unique. We loved the costumes and the music.
- The fire knife dancers performed incredible tricks including a very impressive pyramid.
If you’re looking to experience a quality Luau but don’t want to leave the Waikiki area then I highly recommend checking out The Waikiki Starlight Luau. It’s a perfect evening for families big and small.
Tickets for The Waikiki Starlight Luau are available online or at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. There are two packages for the luau, general seating and golden circle premier seating.
To learn more about The Waikiki Starlight Luau check out their website. You can also follow the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Facebook and Twitter for up to date information, fabulous photos of the property and special promotions.
Read read more about our stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village by clicking here.
Disclosure: My family received complementary tickets to The Waikiki Starlight Luau for the purpose of this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.