Disclosure: This was a gifted experience. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
I think I was 12 the first time I saw a show by Cirque du Soleil. I was blown away from start to finish and became a true fan from that day on.
Last week, I took my kids to see Corteo in our city. My children are 7 and 11 years old. I was especially excited about this show because both my children have been intrigued by the circus since watching The Greatest Showman last month. I was also really looking forward to taking my son to his first Cirque du Soleil performance.
As I sat in the audience I felt proud to have brought my children to such a wonderful performance.
6 Reasons to bring your Child to Cirque du Soleil:
- > The storylines are easy to follow for every age group.
- > The sets are detailed, colourful and original. There is nothing else like the rotating stages, hanging chandeliers and swinging trapeze from a Cirque du Soleil show.
- > The costumes are unique and creative.
- > The athleticism is incredible. Children will be impressed and inspired by every jump, flip, and trick.
- > The clowns are not your typical characters. They are funny, goofy and quite relatable.
- > The music is original and is sang and played live.
My children thoroughly enjoyed Corteo. They laughed so hard, were intrigued by the hula-hoops, bed jumping scenes and the teeter totter action. They loved the clowns, the music and the moving set.
Bringing our children to see Cirque du Soleil was a great idea and an event they will remember always.
Corteo was not scary, it was easy to follow and packed with original acts that caught my children’s attention.
I believe I’ve seen 5 Cirque du Soleil shows, they have all been fabulous. I plan to continue seeing them (the plan is to see them all!). Now that I’ve exposed my children to Cirque du Soleil I think I’ll always have someone wanting to attend the shows with me.
Corteo is currently on tour across Canada and the US. It will be stopping in Vancouver, Kelowna, Quebec, Toronto and more. Specially priced children tickets are available for most shows.
To see if Corteo is coming to your city, click here.