Disclosure: We visited The Vancouver Christmas during their media night at no cost to us. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
Looking for a fun thing to do with the family in Vancouver during the holiday season?
The Vancouver Christmas Market is now open and ready to welcome you until December 24th. The Vancouver Christmas Market is located at Jack Poole Plaza and there’s so much to experience.
Here’s our top list of things to do at the Vancouver Christmas Market
- 1> Hang with your little ones in the igloo for some time to craft. My daughter loved making snowflakes out of the colorful supplies.
- 2 > Delicious snacks and meals are everywhere – you’ll have a hard time deciding! My family enjoyed Pear’s Perogies, Das Kartoffelhaus hurricane potatoes, hot cider, and apricot Berliner.
- 3 > Snap a great family photo at one of the many picturesque spots. We were at the market during the evening and the lights and decorations were beautiful.
- 4 > In between the kids’ activities and the snacks, take a few moments to shop too. You’ll be able to check off some names on your Christmas to-do list in no time with unique gifts.
- 5 > You can’t miss the carousel! We finished off our visit to the market with a carousel ride that had everyone in the family laughing and smiling.
Special Holiday Activities
The market has several special activities planned for this holiday season. There’s something for everyone!
- Children’s Wish Weeks (Nov. 23 to Dec. 7) – an expanded chance to support the making of a children in need’s wish come true
- Shopping Day (Nov. 25) – a one-day discount from gift vendors throughout the market
- Foodie Tuesdays (Nov. 27 & Dec. 4) – featuring $4 (and under) food bites from various vendors
- Kids Day (Dec. 1) – Join Holly & Jolly for a day of fun! Youth (13 and under) are able to enter and enjoy rides on the carousel via donation to Children’s Wish Foundation
- Deluxe Date Night (Dec. 5) – 2-for-1 entry plus more for couples
- Canucks Visit from Erik Gudbranson (Dec. 7) – go head-to-head with Erik for a chance to score against him, in honour of Children’s Wish Weeks.
To learn more about the Vancouver Christmas Market check out:
- The Vancouver Christmas Market website
- Follow The Vancouver Christmas Market on Facebook
- Follow The Vancouver Christmas Market on Instagram