This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My family just returned from our most magical trip to Disneyland Resort ever. Last week we spent a full day at Disney California Adventure. We had to check out the park because of the new Pixar Pier.
Pixar Pier absolutely met our expectations (we loved ALL the little details and updates) but the best part of our day was having access to the new MaxPass system at Disneyland Resort.
What is MaxPass
The MaxPass program is an add-on to your park ticket that allows you to make FastPass reservations from your phone and have access to all your photos from the Disney PhotoPass photographers.
The cost of the MaxPass is $15 per person per day. Guests with an Annual Passport can add the MaxPass for $75 per year.
The MaxPass works for both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park. You can make FastPass reservations for both parks in one day if you are park hopping.
How to get a MaxPass
You can purchase the MaxPass add-on when you purchase your tickets at the Disneyland Resort or add it when you purchase your ticket in the Disneyland App.
If you didn’t purchase it up front, you can add it at any time once you’ve entered the park. The process is straightforward. Once you have purchased your MaxPass you can start making FastPass reservations.
How to Use the MaxPass
Using your MaxPass is simple:
- > You will need the free Disneyland App to use MaxPass. Download the App before arriving at the park
- > You can start using the MaxPass as soon as you enter the park
- > You cannot make FastPass reservations until after your ticket is scanned at the entrance
- > Link your family and friends tickets in your app (we are a family of four so I made sure we were all linked)
- > Click the “Get FastPass with Disney MaxPass” button, select the park and see what attractions are available
- > Confirm your selection and enjoy the park
- > You can cancel a FastPass if your plans change. It’s easy to do, just follow the instructions in your app
- > Guests can hold more than one FastPass at a time. Once you make your FastPass selection it will give you a time when you will be able to make a second or third FastPass selection.
- > You can use your phone to scan the FastPass tickets
- > Your Park ticket also registers the FastPass. If your phone runs out of battery, you can scan your park tickets and the FastPass will work.
- > You cannot get a valid physical FastPass ticket if you are holding the maximum number of FastPasses in the MaxPass app. The systems are linked.
How to take advantage of the PhotoPass
Having access to all my photos for the day was a BIG bonus for me. It meant not having to ask other families to take photos of us all day and gave us the opportunity to be photographed in prime locations while at the park.
Every time I saw a Disney photographer (and it was a spot or character I wanted a photo with) we would get in line for a photo. After the photographer takes your photos you give them your phone and they scan your PhotoPass Code. If your phone is not available you can obtain a photo card from the photographer and link your photos together.
We ended up with 48 photos of our day. Photos included great family photos in front of Pixar Pier and very special photos with Spider-Man, Red and Frozone. Photos from attractions (like Radiator Springs and the Incredicoaster) are also included. It was easy for me to share my photos on Instagram and Facebook.
Photos taken by the Disney photographer always showed up on my phone about 20 minutes after we posed for photos. It was fun to received these and review them throughout the day.
Do my little ones need MaxPass?
In my opinion, young children that won’t be going on the FastPass rides do not need a MaxPass. The same goes for any guest that doesn’t want to go on the big rides.
The best part is that you can still have them in your photos or link their photos to your account for the day that you have a MaxPass.
I was very impressed with our MaxPass experience. It was easy for me to add the MaxPass to all our tickets. I absolutely think it was worth an extra $15 per day.
Using the MaxPass saved me time from running to every attraction, helped plan my day and included many great photos. I honestly think it’s a great add-on and will always purchase it, especially if I am visiting the park for only one day.
The Disneyland Resort has some wifi hotspots where you can use the app for free. I decided to purchase a roaming plan for our day at Disney California so I wouldn’t have to rely on wifi.
I’d love to know, have you used the MaxPass? Do you have questions about using the MaxPass?
Leave me your thoughts and questions in the comments below.