This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Norwegian Bliss, has officially set sail on its inaugural season. This ship is incredible and was specifically designed for sailing to Alaska.
I recently sailed with my husband on the NCL Bliss during its inaugural cruise from Seattle.
This ship has an enormous amount of amenities but one of my favourite experience on board was the NCL Race Track.
Everything you need to Know about the Race Track:
- 1> The two-level race track on the Norwegian Bliss is the largest race track at sea.
- 2> There is no age limit to experience the NCL Race Track. The minimum height to ride is 48″(1.20m), the maximum height is 79″ (2.00m).
- 3> There is a cost of $9.95 per race. Guests can use their onboard credits towards the race track.
- 4> There are up to ten drivers at one time on the race track.
- 5> It’s recommended to make a reservation for the race track. Reservations can be made through the interactive TVs in guest rooms, on the Cruise Norwegian Mobile App, and on the interactive touch-screen kiosks throughout the ship, or with the onboard team.
- 6> There are single go-karts and double go-karts available to race. Double cars are great for families with young children. There are allocated time slots in which the two-seater go-karts are available for reservation.
- 7> One ride on the race track is 8 laps.
- 8> When the ship is at sea, the race track is open from 9 am to midnight. When at port, the track’s availability is dependent on where the ship is and the movement of the guest.
- 9> Guests can choose to wait standby for the race-track but priority is given to those with reservations.
- 10> Race photos will eventually be available for purchase.
I can honestly say that racing my husband at sea was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. The go-karts are fast (top speed is 30 miles per hour). They maneuver very easily and are so fun to drive.
We had the pleasure to experience the race track twice. Both times were exhilarating! I wish we had taken the time to race at night but that’s a goal for our next trip on the Norwegian Bliss.
To learn more about the new Norwegian Bliss check out:
- The Norwegian website
- Follow Norwegian on Facebook
- Follow Norwegian on Instagram (follow #NorwegianBliss)