I absolutely love seeing the colours change in the trees every fall.
This week, I decided to do a fall tree mosaic-style art project with my students. It’s a simple project the requires only a few materials and can be adjusted for many grade levels.
- Coloured construction paper (one full blue piece, half a brown piece, small green piece, multiple small squares in orange, yellow and brown).
- Glue stick
- Pencil and markers (optional)
- Cut grass from the green construction paper. Make sure the grass reaches one side of the paper to the other. Glue to the bottom of the blue paper.
- Outline a tree trunk, cut and paste it.
- Glue multiple small squares (for leaves) at the top of your trunk, falling from the tree and on the ground.
I love how every project my students created looks different. It’s so nice to see a variety of shapes and colours on their projects.
This is a very easy project that can brighten up any classroom or refrigerator!
love this idea, fun project
Very good idea! Might just adapt this for Christmas this week
My girl came home with this craft last week. I’m going to frame it!
We just finished halloween items for the front door and these would make a great addition!