I absolutely love seeing the colours change in the trees every fall.
This week, I decided to do a fall tree mosaic-style art project with my students. It’s a simple project the requires only a few materials and can be adjusted for many grade levels.
- Coloured construction paper (one full blue piece, half a brown piece, small green piece, multiple small squares in orange, yellow and brown).
- Glue stick
- Pencil and markers (optional)
- Cut grass from the green construction paper. Make sure the grass reaches one side of the paper to the other. Glue to the bottom of the blue paper.
- Outline a tree trunk, cut and paste it.
- Glue multiple small squares (for leaves) at the top of your trunk, falling from the tree and on the ground.
I love how every project my students created looks different. It’s so nice to see a variety of shapes and colours on their projects.
This is a very easy project that can brighten up any classroom or refrigerator!