Weeknights can be tough. I always find it challenging to make good meals that my family will all enjoy that doesn’t require tons of ingredients and time.
Enters my easy and tasty Mexican style macaroni.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup of frozen corn (or canned corned, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups of macaroni
- grated tex mex cheese (optional)
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large pan. Drain the excess fat.
- Add water, salsa and chili powder bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and simmer on medium heat for about 10min until macaroni is cooked.
- Add corn for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Optional: sprinkle shredded cheese on individual bowls.
I absolutely love this meal. I especially like that it’s a one pot meal.
I’d love to know, do you have a favourite macaroni meal?