We love traveling as a family. When we do, we usually opt to rent a villa or condo at a timeshare resort. There are so many benefits to renting a larger space when traveling with kids.
Here are the main reasons we rent a larger space:
- 1 > There’s room to stretch out!
- 2 > You have a full kitchen with refrigerator, range, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- 3> You can opt for more than one bedroom giving you privacy from the kids.
- 4> Villas often have two bathrooms.
- 5> Villas and condo rentals usually have televisions in the living room and master bedroom. This is a great bonus for when the kids are sleeping and you want to watch a movie.
- 6> Most timeshare rentals have BBQs available for guest use.
- 7> Amenities at timeshare resorts are incredible. They usually have multiple pools, beach access, gym access and restaurants on the property.
- 8> Villa rentals usually come with one complimentary parking spot.
- 9> There are rarely resort fees at timeshare rentals.
- 10> Timeshare rentals are usually more affordable than renting a hotel room!
Our favourite timeshare rentals include:
- Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club on Oahu in Hawaii
- Disney Aulani on Oahu in Hawaii
- Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas in Newport Beach, California
- Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando Florida
- Honua Kai on Maui in Hawaii
- Evolution in Whistler Creekside