Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and it contains affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We’re back at it! School has started and my kids are getting used to new teachers, routines and meeting new friends.
Sometimes the best way to get kids ready to go back to school is with a good book.
Reading stories about school is a good way to get children mentally ready to go back and to learn more about what to expect.
Here are 5 Harper Collins back to school themed books perfect to get your kids ready for the year ahead:
- 1 > On the First Day of First Grade
- Ages 4-8
- From choosing books to read to building things with clay to performing in a play, there are many exciting firsts to look forward to. Saying goodbye to mom and dad can be hard, but when the school bus pulls up, it’s time for some first-grade fun!
- 2 > Why I Love School
- Ages 4-8
- This heartwarming book combines endearing things said by children about school, with gentle illustrations of familiar animals. And from learning new things to playing together, there is a lot to celebrate!
- 3 > Ready or Not, Woolbur Goes to School
- Ages 4-8
- The free-spirited, fluffy, one-of-a-kind sheep Woolbur is on his way to school, and he’s MORE than ready…But Maa and Paa aren’t so sure. What if Woolbur isn’t exactly ready for school? He’s different. He’s unusual. And his new hairdo is kooky! At school, Woolbur loves trying new things like drawing outside of the lines and eating grass. (No wonder his parents were worried!) The rest of his classmates are nervous about their first day and aren’t excited about trying anything new. Will Woolbur’s excitement help show his friends that doing something different, or unusual, or kooky is the best way to get ready for school?
- 4 > Shark Dog and the School Trip Rescue
- Ages 4 – 8
- Splash! It’s a shark! Woof! No wait, it’s a dog! Hey! It’s Shark Dog: a one-of-a-kind pet! And this time, he’s joining Ms. Ablett’s class on their school trip. For Shark Dog, a trip to the woods means: Jumping in a pond full of frogs! Frolicking in mud! And shaking off mud! The great outdoors is loads of fun and nothing short of an adventure for a pet like Shark Dog. But the muddy fun stops when there’s a loud cry coming from the woods. An animal is in trouble, and it’s up to Shark Dog to save the day!
- 5 > The School of Good and Evil (Books 1 – 4)
- Ages 8 -12
- Journey into a dazzling new world when two best friends enter the School for Good and Evil, where ordinary boys and girls are trained to be fairy-tale heroes and villains. One will train for Good, one will become Evil’s new hope. Each thinks they know where they belong. But when the two friends are swept into the Endless Woods, they find their fortunes are reversed…. The aftermath leads to unexpected paths, new alliances, and forces that divide them in an exhilarating quest to find their true Ever After.
I’ve been reading these books with my kids this week and they have really helped get their minds ready for school again. These books have brought up many great conversations and have been fun to read together.
All books mentioned above are now available in bookstores and online.
Harper Collins is giving away 2 books to 2 lucky winners! Enter to WIN a copy of On the First Day of First Grade and Why I Love School.
To enter, tell me what your child likes most about school, then fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
Giveaway open to Canadian residents. Mandatory question must be answered to be eligible to win. Giveaway runs from Sept 5 – Sept 14, 2018. See my terms and conditions for giveaway info. Void where prohibited.