I finally decided to try making coasters with my Cricut Maker.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
For this project, I used Cricut Ceramic Coaster Blanks. These blanks can sustain very high heat (400 degrees F).
View this post on Instagram
Here are the steps to designing personalized coasters in Design Space:
- > 1 – Start a New Project and select the circle shape. Drag the circle to size 3.5″. The circle colour doesn’t matter, you can leave it black. I like to make mine grey.
- > 2 – Type out text you would like on your coasters. Choose clipart if wanted.
- > 3 – Size text as desired. Add text and position in the circle shape.
- > 4 – Once text is in position select the entire circle and text. Then select “slice” and remove all the extra pieces. Delete what you don’t need.
- > 5 – Repeat as needed. (If you’re doing the same coaster multiple times, just cut and paste).
Note: Sometimes the slice tool is temperamental. I have sliced with the text under the circle on occasion. This works just as well as when the text is visible on top.
Materials needed for this project are:
- > Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- > Cricut Coaster Blanks
- > Cricut Heat Resistant Tape
- > Cricut EasyPress2
- > Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
Want to see me creating the final project? Stay tuned for Part 2 of Designing Cricut Coasters.
I’d love to know, have you used Design Space? What projects do you most like doing in Design Space?