I finally decided to try making coasters with my Cricut Maker.
I’ve made many t-shirts, banners, and mugs and have loved every project. I felt it was time to branch out and try something new. Coasters seemed like the next best thing.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
For this project, I used Cricut Ceramic Coaster Blanks. These blanks can sustain very high heat (400 degrees F).
View this post on Instagram
Here are the steps to designing personalized coasters in Design Space:
- > 1 – Start a New Project and select the circle shape. Drag the circle to size 3.5″. The circle colour doesn’t matter, you can leave it black. I like to make mine grey.
- > 2 – Type out text you would like on your coasters. Choose clipart if wanted.
- > 3 – Size text as desired. Add text and position in the circle shape.
- > 4 – Once text is in position select the entire circle and text. Then select “slice” and remove all the extra pieces. Delete what you don’t need.
- > 5 – Repeat as needed. (If you’re doing the same coaster multiple times, just cut and paste).
Note: Sometimes the slice tool is temperamental. I have sliced with the text under the circle on occasion. This works just as well as when the text is visible on top.
Materials needed for this project are:
- > Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- > Cricut Coaster Blanks
- > Cricut Heat Resistant Tape
- > Cricut EasyPress2
- > Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
Want to see me creating the final project? Stay tuned for Part 2 of Designing Cricut Coasters.
I’d love to know, have you used Design Space? What projects do you most like doing in Design Space?
I’ve never used a Cricut but this seems like a wonderful idea. Imagine the possibilities!
Definitely going to have to add coasters to my list of must do’s with the cricut!! I have been totally obsessed with mine – thank you so much for this great tutorial!
Wow! I love how quick and easy that was to make. They look fantastic!
I have not used my Cricut machine in quite a long time. This article made me want to pull it off the shelf.
Do it! There are so many great things to be made!
Aren’t these coasters so cool?! Love them! And should try to make them with the Circuit Maker
I love the designs, they are so simple! And thanks for the tutorial, it’s so helpful.
I really need to grab one of these up. I’ve been putting it off and it makes such adorable stuff!
Great post for those who use cricut. I do not have one. But am amazed how many things you can make with it.
These coasters are awesome. This is a cool crafting machine.
Those are so great! I just got a Cricut, and I’ve been trying to figure out how to do things with it. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s so amazing.