Like many people, I have been struggling with getting a good night’s sleep for many years now. I have had very few full nights sleep since my children have been born.
I’ve tried so many things to help improve my sleep. The thing I learned is that having a routine is perhaps the most important thing when it comes to a good night’s sleep.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here are 5 things everyone should do to get a good night’s sleep:
1. Go to bed at the same time every night.
2. Get up at the same time every morning.
3. Do not read or watch TV in bed, have a designated area for these activities.
4. Do not stay in bed if you are awake for more then 15min. Get out of bed and do a boring activity (such as a puzzle or read a book). When you’re sleepy, go back to bed.
5. Use your bed only for sleeping.
I’ve been trying my best to follow these 5 simple steps and have had better nights in the past month.
It’s important to be set up for a good night’s sleep. Here are a few products that can help you achieve optimal sleep every night.
This sleep mask is contoured with silk and comes with earplugs and a travel bag.
Memory Foam Pillow
This memory foam pillow has a cooling gel that is designed to keep your neck and head cool. It’s great for back, stomach and side sleepers and comes with a bamboo washable cover.
Sleep: Refine your Rest, For Success in Work, Sport and Life
Learn more about sleep in Nich Littlehales’ book. In this book, Nich debunks many myths about sleep.